05 August 2010




Anyone who knows us knows how much Camp Krislund means to our family. There aren't words to express the impact this place has had on our lives in terms of our faith, our marriage (we met there, got married there, and even lived there for a year), many significant friendships, our call to ministry, the list goes on... it is a very cherished place for us, as it is for so many others.
Actually, writing this post seems surreal. I can't believe that what I am trying to say is that Simon went with his Pappap to the new GrandCamp program for the first half of this week. How amazing is that? Our son was a camper at Krislund. The pool and nightfest were his favorite activities, but he also liked the nature hike by the creek :)
When my father sent me these pictures, I could tell where each of these were taken on the cramp grounds immediately. The camp has been through a lot of change over the years, but the greens are still so distinct to my eyes. I bet some of you reading and seeing this will know what I mean...
What a joy.



"It only takes a spark to get a fire going
and soon all those around can warm up in its glowing"
-Kurt Kaiser