13 March 2008





birthday baby
Johanna celebrated her first birthday while we were in CO! We went to this great restaurant called Buca di Beppo and dined in a secluded little spot called "the Pope Room" which was filled top to bottom with papish paraphenalia. There was even a very large bust of a pope sitting in the middle of the largest Lazy Susan I have ever seen. Very surreal, very fun.
Notice her little pink birthday dress from Land's End. This dress is one of the only clothing items I have ever purchased for either child that wasn't on clearance, a hand-me-down, or consignment. While thrifty shopping is one of my passions (and I love that we haven't ever spent much on clothing), at the same time, it made the purchase of this dress something really special too.
In the end, Josie enjoyed her allergen free birthday cake to the fullest possible extent while the rest of us were so full with Italian food we didn't eat any dessert. A great time indeed.