Tonight Simon told me in a very confessional tone of voice "Mommy, sometimes I say bad boy rhymes." Hmmmmmmmm. When I asked him to recite said badboyrhyme, he sighed a deep sigh and replied quite seriously "It's a loooong story, mommy."
Really, how am I expected to keep a straight face?!
After I pushed a little more, he gave it up. Apparently today the big boys on the playground at preschool (i.e. the 4-year-old class) said "No way, Jose!" to younger children who tried to play with them in the mud pit (?) Well, Simon explained that he too chose to speak the dreadful phrase at some point following this experience.
In Simon's mind, "No way Jose" is equivalent to profanity. Not that I mind. Also, I suppose it's good that he felt burdened enough to profess his own crimes to me.
That said, it is a little nerve racking to think about what will happen when he stumbles across the real thing...then what the hell are we gonna do!??! :)
"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy."
-Howard W. Newton