
**absent blogger alert**
COMING SOON...It is shameful how little I have posted this holiday season, and I do indeed have a plan to update/backdate starting with Thanksgiving-On once I master the art of squeezing blood from a turnip.
Meanwhile, I did want to post this picture from Benjamin's recent trip to Kenya. I acknowledge that the primary purpose for this particular blog is to chronicle the lives of our two children and document their domesticated adventures in our little corner of the forest. However, daddy had a remarkable adventure of his own, and I would like to share a bit about that here too...
This picture was taken in the Korogocho Slum outside of Nairobi. The sweet young boy in the picture with Benjamin is HIV positive. He lives with thirteen other HIV/AIDS children who are preschool, in a one room "hut" with a dirt floor. All are orphaned or abandoned. This family unit is provided for solely by support from first pres norfolk. Benjamin spent most of his time on the compound at the AIDS clinic at Nazareth Hospital, I hope to post some more pictures at a later date.
Benjamin has commented several times since his return that while there is much sadness in the life circumstances of the people he encountered, there is also great joy. Can I say that same about my life? Do I embrace and embody great joy?
We are SO PROUD of our daddy.