
Simon turned THREE YEARS OLD on aug 30. 3! We had a small little party on saturday with decorate your own cupcakes (thank you for the brilliant idea, steph), a cars pinata, and the regular hoopla. It was great. Benjamin did make up a game called "steal the shovel" with the children while I was setting up the cupcakes, which made every single child at the party cry. What can I say, he was trying so hard!!! Anyway, we all laughed and five minutes later it was fine.
This wednesday was Simon's first day of preschool for the year, I am CRAZY about his teachers, they are truly remarkable and I am so excited for Simon. He has made a little buddy named Jack, and he likes circle time but NOT when they sing "going on a bearhunt." Insteresting stuff, right?!
Josie is a roller. She rolls constantly, many times in succession. it's funny and freaky at the same time. I can't keep my eyes off of her for a second these days. I can see that things are going to get interesting around here when she starts crawling (although, I am all good with the stationary baby as long as I can have it!!!!!!) She had her 1/2year mark yesterday, which I cannot believe.
We are settling into the first real taste of a routine that we've had around here in a long long time (all summer,really). I have to say, it's nice for them to have a general structure to their day, and it's nice for me too. Life seems slightly less chaotic, although chaos isn't all bad!